Saturday, September 27, 2008

Star of the show


There have not been too many new cats around lately. I saw Wallace a few times last week. He's meek and mild as ever. He always seems kind of sad to me. I want to take him home, give him a bath, and feed him high quality cat food. I saw an orange cat that might have been Duke, but I'm not sure. If he wasn't, I would have named him Harvard and told the long story of how he assumed the pseudonym when his owners moved from Boston to Halifax, much against Harvard's will and to his chagrin. You see, Harvard was well on his way to receiving one of the highest orders of education in kittydom, the Masters of Mousing and Being Cute (M.MBC), until he was forced to leave. He was atteneing the lesser-known Cat College, which occupies a small corner of the Harvard campus in Cambridge. In spite of the high concentration of human higher learning institutions in Halifax, there are presently no feline equivalents one might find in larger centres.

Anyway, Nina (shown above) is still cute as ever, and I am happy to post yet another picture of her. She's discovered the top of the kitchen table, where she often jumps up to watch me eat or drink my coffee. She also has adapted a strange habit of dragging old rags and dryer lint from the wastebin to the edge of her poop box.

1 comment:

kat du jour said...

i look forward to meeting nina.