Monday, October 13, 2008

Bliss


This cat was a stray, according the innkeeper. I had to go to Newport, Rhode Island to find a cat. (Boston has become a total dog town.)

Finding a cat to photograph was not the reason for the visit, but I digress...

Since he (?*) was a stray, there was no collar. I will call him Bliss, since that was the name of the inn, and because he was an exceedingly happy cat, and so smiley that his eyes never seemed to be able to open. I wondered at first if he could even see, but every time the door opened, he would peer indoors longingly (implying that he can see). The innkeeper said he needs to stay outside, but this cat often tries (and sometimes succeeds) to get inside.

We saw this cat many times during our visit. He was always very friendly and liked to follow us around, purr, and roll on his back.

* I didn't check.

2 comments: