Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Flower shop: Please do not disturb the cats


I walked from work (42nd and 9th) to church (22nd and 9th) last night, passing on the way, among other things, a belly-dancer and this cat. I guess the flower/plant shop took in some strays, or otherwise has a soft spot for kitties. Everyone had gone home except the cat. You can see part of the note in the window -- "Please do not disturb the cats while they are sleeping by knocking on the glass. Cats can be adopted at..."

They must sleep in the window often.

Did I post this already? Here is another flower shop cat that I saw the other day near church:


I remember seeing this cat a while ago, she stuck in my head because she really reminds me of my old kitty, Kitty:


She died a few years ago now. Kitty! She was so fluffy, and had a white spot on her belly.

3 comments:

kat du jour said...

That note about not disturbing the sleeping cats reminds me of my friend's mom in high school. I was over at her house one evening, and I guess we were being a bit loud. Her mom came in the room and said, "shhh! The cats are sleeping!"

My friend and I laughed for quite a while. I've never known anyone to worry that cats would wake to noise. Perhaps it's because they had 5 or 6.

RTF said...

Oh, Kitty! Whenever Nina is hyper and running around I think about Kitty having running around your house because she had to go poo.

sue said...

The smelly poo!! Yes, it's funny that you remember that. She really had a gun on her when she had to poo.