Friday, July 25, 2008

Subway man + cat + kittens: West 4 station


On the way home last night LL and I saw this man and his three cats (two little kittens and one possible-momma cat) in the subway entrance.

I asked if I could take his (and cats') picture and he kindly said yes. And he told me how calico cats (the one that looks like my baby kitten, right by the man's blue shoe) are always girl cats (all the kittens in my kitten's litter were calico, and all were girls), and I told him how orange stripey cats are almost always boy cats.

It's amazing that the cats stay with him and don't just run off into the night; I wonder how he gets around with them all without losing them.

3 comments:

RTF said...

Great story/picture.

Charley said...

cool !! props to the story!

sue said...

Thanks!! For cats to be outdoors in New York, seems like there needs to be a story..