Wednesday, July 9, 2008

W 113th St, Manhattan (unusual)



street kitten (fast and unusual)

On my way home last night I actually saw a cat on the street in Manhattan! Poor kitten (she looked about 6 months old), she had no tags, was VERY skittish, but also friendly; I stopped for a while to talk to her and by the time I tried to walk home I almost couldn't because she was winding herself between my legs.

Really hard to take a photo of though since she moved so fast and the light was low AND it's just my phone camera.

I thought about taking her home because no cat should really be wandering around Manhattan alone, but my house is so inhospitable to cats right now that I've moved my baby kitten to the office. So I didn't.

But then, this morning on the way to the subway I saw this:

Found!

So I guess she'll be ok for now. (I'm not good at naming like Tom is, maybe he will name this little one?)

2 comments:

RTF said...

Great story, Sue! I like the quality of your phonecam pics too; they just seem appropriate in this context.

T

Brianne said...

Great kitty blog!
I hope kitty finds his home!